Applicable To Staff Members And Students/Clients
Please note these are only examples of common sense rules, which experience has shown to be both necessary and most effective in maintaining sound working and teacher-student relationships. They are only typical of cases, which can result in disciplinary action ranging from verbal warning to discharge and are not to be construed as limiting or restricting disciplinary action to only the specific cases listed.
- Be respectful of the staff by keeping noise levels to a minimum in the lobby areas.
- Students are expected to treat SWS staff with respect and maintain a positive attitude. If a student is unable maintain the proper etiquette in class, the instructor may excuse the student from the class. If a student is excused from class, he/she will be given a clear explanation of the reasons.
- SWS reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student whose conduct or attitude is found to be unsatisfactory.
- Please respect the expertise and decisions of the SWS staff.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the dance floor.
- Students are responsible for disposing of their garbage and are expected to treat the Studio, furniture and equipment with respect.
- Dress respectfully, no nudity and overly provocative clothing.
- No touching of the Studio curtains unless their use is allowed by an instructor and/or a staff member.
- No touching of the Studio’s mirrors.
- Keep the bathrooms clean.
- No sitting or hanging on the ballet barres.
- Protect our beautiful floors! No spilled drinks. If anything is spilled, it should be wiped immediately or a staff member should be informed to take action.
- No smoking on the premises.
- Reporting to work or coming to take classes intoxicated or under the influence of non-prescription drugs, and the illegal manufacture, possession, use, sale, distribution or transportation of drugs will result in asking you to leave the premises immediately. More serious disciplinary actions will be taken against staff members in such cases.
- Bringing or using alcoholic beverages to the Studio is not allowed, except when authorized during events and private client’s events with the proper alcohol license.
- Use of vulgar language and jokes is prohibited.
- No physical intimidation or injury, verbal harassment, theft, destruction of Studio property or property of others, verbal abuse, lewd, vulgar conduct, profanity, sexual harassment or coercion, firearms or weapons of any kind, self-destructive behavior, willful destruction or misuse of SWS or another person’s property, inappropriate use of the internet and improper use of cell phones.
- No staff is allowed to have any communication with students/clients by email, text, Twitter, Facebook, etc. unless it is strictly a Studio related matter or with the student/client consent.
- Staff is not allowed to use the Studio’s registration system to obtain any personal information and contact students/clients unless it is a Studio related matter or with the student/client’s permission.
- No treating a student/client or co-worker in a demeaning manner.
- Theft of property from co-workers or students/clients of the Studio is strictly prohibited.
- Being in the Studio without permission from the Owner is not allowed.
- Soliciting gratuities from students and clients is prohibited.
- Staff members are forbidden from having any Salsa With Silvia student in their cars for any reason.
- The SWS Studio has a strict “no dating policy” in terms of instructors and staff dating students/clients.